Amid the large variety of baby video monitors on the market, how do parents go about selecting one? The way to start is to do your research on the best baby video monitors. By doing that, you get a great feel for all of the different features available, the styles available and the costs. Then you can make a “must have” vs. a “nice to have” list of these features. This will help narrow down the options and lead you to a smart choice that will fulfill your needs at the right price.
While doing your research on baby video monitors, some questions that you may want to consider are as follows:
- What is your budget? There are models that are $20 and ones that are $400! What price are you comfortable paying?
- What type of home do you live in? If you live in a big home, look for large range coverage. If you live in an apartment building, look for baby video monitors with channel change options so you can make sure to have a different frequency than your neighbor.
- How much wireless and cordless equipment do you have in your home already? Do you need a model with no-interference technology?
- How many receivers will you need? Do you want a handheld video baby monitor or will a stationary one work?
- Do you want a unit with low power alerts? Or other audio alerts?
- Does it have rechargeable batteries? Or will you have to stock up on batteries?
- What is the screen size? Can you see well on a screen of that size?
- Do you need a color video baby monitor screen or is a black and white one fine?
- Is the unit user friendly and can be set up right out of the box? Or does it come with a ton of parts and pieces and requires a lot of set up?
- Does the unit have lights on it? Will you or your baby be bothered by the lights at night?
- Do you want to be able to hook up your baby video monitor to your computer and record my baby’s image and sound?
- How large is the transmitter unit? Does it take up counter space? Or can it be attached overhead?
- Do you want a wireless video baby monitor? Are there cords and wires to deal with? Can they be safely out of the way of the baby?
- Do you need more than one camera so you can see your baby from different angles?
- What are the warranty terms on the unit and how good is the customer service provided by the manufacturer?
- What are the most popular baby video monitor models and why?
By reviewing these questions, you can prioritize the features that are most important to you. Selecting the best baby video monitor has never been easier!
Here are some of the latest Ebay deals for Baby Video Monitors.